Welcome to my humble blog........

I came across this site because Viv told me about a friend's "must see" Blog - which I finally found because it's 'dot' not "@" blogspot.com.

I somehow ended up with my own Blog but I had no idea what the heck to do said Blog. I decided on it's original content whilst chatting with a guy I met online who I called The Lounge Singer. He thought I was funny and suggested that I write my witticisms down.

It started out with me pecking away at the keyboard for the sake of posterity. Eventually, it took on a new life and it morphed into a Blog of my online dating experiences.

I hope you enjoy alittlebrowndog

NOTE: Should you find yourself the subject of one of my essays, don't get all jerked up. Stand up, smile and be proud that you made such an impression on me - because it's not easy.

Hugs!!!!!


Thursday, October 25, 2012

Online Dating: The Saga Continues

I'm getting a little fed up lately with online dating.  There are so many fake profiles that I'm thinking of deleting my accounts - on all 5 sites.  Today I read that two women from the Midwest were arrested by the FBI for scamming women out of hundreds and thousands of dollars in a Nigerian scam.  WTF?!!  The worst part (aside from scamming their own gender) is that they posed as US Servicemen.  I've been telling my friends about all the pictures of military guys lately and I know they were stolen from some poor guy who is out there protecting our country.

I purposely contacted a few of these "men" and I had this conversation (in parts) with "Dan, from The Bronx":
(9:15:32pm)Dan:nothing much, just staying indoors, we are still in camp
(9:16:02pm)me:in camp? with wifi?
(9:17:33pm)Dan:yes I am inn Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn at the moment, online dating is not allowed but I am just sneaking up to see what's good here
(9:17:49pm)me:haaa
(9:17:51pm)me:that's funny
(9:17:59pm)me:by the bridge?
(9:18:26pm)me:so am i worth sneaking up for?!
(9:19:14pm)dan:yes, because you are the reason I am still here
(9:19:22pm)me:ohhhhh
(9:19:24pm)me:thank you

Interesting. A little questionable.

(9:24:54pm):just a few days
(9:24:41pm)me:why do you have to stay outside? don't they have barracks?
(9:25:31pm):I am in barracks now
(9:25:39pm)me: Oh
(9:26:13pm)me:i really don't know much about military terms, etc
(9:26:23pm)dan:np
(9:26:50pm)me:where are you from?
(9:27:50pm)dan:I am Daniel from Bronx
(9:28:03pm)me:always from the bronx?
(9:28:14pm)me:I grew up on long island
(9:28:54pm)dan:no sometimes we work with UN on peacekeeping missions. I have been to parts of Asia and Africa
(9:29:42pm)me:very cool
(9:30:54pm)dan:yeah but not so cool though
(9:31:13pm)me:yes, it's not like you're on vacation
(9:31:23pm me:how long have you been in the military?
(9:32:35pm) dan:Over 20 yea rs now

Not so suspicious yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment